Thursday, April 17, 2008

Welcome to my blog

Like most of you reading this, I seem to be stuck in the rat race. I work a 9-5 office job, spend 3 hours a day commuting, & barely scrape by (even though I have been at the job 13 years & should be making more money). Most of my money goes to bills, putting gas in the car, fixing & maintaining the car, taxes, & food. Usually there isn't much left for myself. Usually, I am juggling utility bills in order to have a little spending money ("How close to shut off am I??")& to make sure to have a little extra cash in hand in case something goes wrong (like the car breaking down or anything like that). Lately, I have been re-thinking my situation. I'm realizing that what I'm doing is a bunch of bullsh*t. What I need to do is get back to the land... get back to nature... get out of this crappy job... live like humans are supposed to live. How exactly is a guy like me going to do this? By taking small steps toward self-sustainability, which I am going to document every step of the way. That is the point of this blog & hopefully, I can inspire some of you to do the same. Anyways, I'm late for work (as usual) & not even dressed yet, so I suppose I have to go feed the machine.
Cheers!

No comments: